(Updated September 22, 2021)
NOWRA is closely monitoring the ongoing COVID situation in Texas and will place the appropriate precautions and protocols in place for the 2021 Onsite Wastewater Mega-Conference.
A COVID-19 Safety Plan will be developed for the conference that will include the following:
- Precautions will be used, such as social distancing for sessions, exhibit hall, break/food functions, field trips, social events, etc. The ballrooms have been expanded to accommodate more space between attendees.
- Face masks are RECOMMENDED in all instances where social distancing cannot be maintained. Complimentary sponsored masks will be distributed at check-in.
- Sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the conference.
- A risk waiver for attendees
- An Attendee Code of Conduct agreement to adhere to protocols; including an understanding they will be asked to leave if they do not adhere to protocols.
- Plan for response to anyone presenting symptoms.
- Refund policy
- Information on required testing if applicable
- Contact tracing and details
- A reminder to not travel or attend if attendees are feeling ill, have COVID or Flu like symptoms, or have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID in the past 14 days.
For more information on COVID-19, check out the Center for Disease Control website.