Resources for State Leaders
National Environmental Services Center (NESC):
- EPA links to State Information and EPA Region Contacts
- Advanced Onsite Technology Products Approved by State - This provides a Web-based list of links to State-by-State information regarding the advanced technology products approved for use, the product approval process, and the States’ department which oversees the use of advanced treatment systems for decentralized wastewater management.
- Clean Water State Revolving Fund - Provides grants to all 50 states and Puerto Rico to operate a revolving loan program that provides low-interest financing for wastewater and other water quality projects. Over half of the states have developed special programs for small, disadvantaged communities.
- Nonpoint Source Program (Section 319 Program) - Provides grants to States, territories, and Indian tribes to support a wide variety of activities (including technical assistance, financial assistance, education, training, technology transfer, demonstration projects, and monitoring) to encourage State and local efforts to reduce non-point source pollution.
- State Revolving Fund Fact Sheet
- State and Regional Training Centers
Funding Technical Assistance:
- EPA Environmental Finance Program - This EPA program provides financial technical assistance to the regulated community and creates partnerships with state and local governments and the private sector to fund environmental needs.
- EPA Region 01 Environmental Finance Center at the University of Southern Maine
- EPA Region 03 Environmental Finance Center at the University of Maryland
- EPA Region 04 Environmental Finance Center at the University of North Carolina
- EPA Region 04 at the University of Louisville
- EPA Region 05 Great Lakes Environmental Finance Center at Cleveland State University
- EPA Region 06 Environmental Finance Center at the University of New Mexico
- EPA Region 09 Environmental Finance Center at California State University at Hayward
- EPA Region 10 Environmental Finance Center at Boise State University
- Environmental Finance Center at Syracuse University - The Environmental Finance Center at Syracuse University is tasked by the EPA with facilitating the development of sustainable communities.