As part of its mission, NOWRA has focused on maintaining and developing new business and industry partnerships with the goal to advance the work of enhancing water resources. Over the past decade, several strategic alliances have been formed.
Water Quality Association
The National Onsite Wastewater Recycling Association (NOWRA) and the National Water Quality Association (NWQA) recognize that the two organizations have a number of common interests and objectives and commit to work together more closely to better serve members with the common goal of advancing knowledge of ground water and protection of water quality.
- Read the Entire Document
- Newly revised – May 2013: Guidance for the Use of Water Softening and Onsite Wastewater Systems on Individual Properties – This is an update of joint statement issued by NOWRA and WQA in 2008.
National Ground Water Association
The National Onsite Wastewater Recycling Association (NOWRA) and the National Ground Water Association (NGWA) recognize that the two organizations have a number of common interests and objectives and commit to work together more closely to better serve members with the common goal of advancing knowledge of ground and water resources protection.
EPA Memorandum of Understanding
Original MOU – January 2004
Current MOU – November 2011
A larger strategic alliance of organizations within the decentralized industry was formed under the auspices of the Environmental Protection Agency with a Memorandum of Understanding originally signed by eight organizations, including NOWRA, in January 2004. The partnership now includes close to 20 organizations operating under an updated MOU agreement signed in November of 2011.
- Read the current Decentralized Wastewater Management MOU
- View four position papers prepared by the MOU Partnership for state, local, and tribal government officials, and interested stakeholders.
- 2017-2020 Accomplishments of the EPA Decentralized Wastewater MOU Partnership
- See a list of MOU Partners
In supporting these mutual best interests, the National Environmental Health Association and the National Onsite Wastewater Recycling Association U.S.A. hereby agree to a cooperative partnering relationship by fulfilling activities.