State Regulations & Resources
The links below are compiled from a variety of authoritative sources.
US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- State Wastewater Regulatory Contacts
- EPA Regional Office Septic System Contacts
- Advanced Onsite Technology Products Approved by State - This provides a Web-based list of links to State-by-State information regarding the advanced technology products approved for use, the product approval process, and the States’ department which oversees the use of advanced treatment systems for decentralized wastewater management.
- Funding for Septic Systems. This page lists a variety of federal, regional and state programs to help fund repairs to or replacement of septic systems.
- Clean Water State Revolving Fund - Provides grants to all 50 states and Puerto Rico to operate a revolving loan program that provides low-interest financing for wastewater and other water quality projects. Over half of the states have developed special programs for small, disadvantaged communities. State CWSRF Program Contacts.
- Nonpoint Source Program (Section 319 Program) - Provides grants to States, territories, and Indian tribes to support a wide variety of activities (including technical assistance, financial assistance, education, training, technology transfer, demonstration projects, and monitoring) to encourage State and local efforts to reduce non-point source pollution.
- Training Centers for Onsite Wastewater Treatment
Funding Technical Assistance
- EPA Environmental Finance Program - This EPA program provides financial technical assistance to the regulated community and creates partnerships with state and local governments and the private sector to fund environmental needs.
- EPA Region 01 Environmental Finance Center at the University of Southern Maine
- EPA Region 02 The Environmental Finance Center at Syracuse University
- EPA Region 03 Environmental Finance Center at the University of Maryland
- EPA Region 04 Environmental Finance Center at the University of North Carolina
- EPA Region 05 Great Lakes Environmental Finance Center at Michigan Institute of Technology
- EPA Region 06 Southwest Environmental Finance Center at the University of New Mexico
- EPA Region 07 Wichita State University Environmental Finance Center
- EPA Region 08 National Rural Water Association Environmental Finance Center
- EPA Region 09 Environmental Finance Center at Sacramento State
- EPA Region 10 Environmental Finance Center at the Rural Community Assistance Corporation