Here is a summary of our continued work on your behalf:
- NOWRA’s staff is working primarily from home. To reach Executive Director Eric Casey, call 571-242-2571 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Legislative Fly-In scheduled for May 13 has been cancelled. Look for details on the 2021 Fly-In early in 2021.
- The 2020 Onsite Wastewater Mega-Conference scheduled to be held October 25-28 at the Hampton Roads Convention Center in Hampton, VAhas been changed to a Virtual Onsite Wastewater Mega-Conference. See details.
- Free NOWRA/WOSSA Webinar on Protecting Yourself During a Pandemic
Wednesday, April 8, 2020 10:00 am – 12:00 pm Pacific (1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Eastern)
Since the Covid-19 virus is believed to survive in onsite septic system wastewater, it’s especially important for service providers to understand the risks they face when handling sewage. This is an excellent opportunity to better understand the risks from waterborne pathogens – and what you need to do to protect your workers. Although the webinar has taken place, you can sign up here to take this webinar.
- NOWRA is working with our online education technology provider to provide our State Affiliate organizations with the ability to conduct online webinars in the place of state specific training sessions.
- For those needing continuing education credits, NOWRA’s Online Learning Academy offers courses which may be available for credit in your state. Double check with your state or local regulator to determine if they will allow online courses for continuing education credit. NOWRA’s courses are pre-approved for continuing education credit in many states. Click here for the list of states and the courses they have approved.
- At this point it is unknown whether any additional financial relief will be forthcoming from Congress. NOWRA is continuing to monitor any developments on legislative or executive action which will have an impact on the onsite wastewater industry.