Courses Developed by NOWRA
NOWRA A to Z
An overview of onsite wastewater treatment, including onsite wastewater basics, O&M, and soil evaluation and treatment. Ideal for new employees, regulatory professionals and students.
For the A to Z course overview and agenda details, click here.
- Intro to Onsite Wastewater – 3 hours
- Operation & Maintenance – 1 hour
- Soil Evaluation, Treatment & Dispersal – 4 hours
- Overview A to Z Bundle – 8 hours (includes all of the above courses in one package)
NOWRA Installer Training
Ideal for new installers!
For the Installer course overview and agenda details, click here.
- Intro and Safety – 1 hour
- Planning – 1 hour
- Soil and Site Concepts – 1 hour
- Distribution of Effluent – 1 hour
- Piping and Tanks – 1 hour
- Dosing and Control – 1 hour
- Advanced Treatment – 1 hour
- Soil Treatment – 1 hour
- Installer Training Curriculum Bundle – 8 hours (includes all of the above courses in one package)
Ideal for designers, installers, regulators, service providers and more!
For the Troubleshooting course overview and agenda details, click here.
- Flows – 1.5 hours
- Tanks– 1.5 hours
- Pumps and Controls – 1 hour
- Soil Treatment Areas – 1 hour
- Media Filters – 1 hour
- Microbiology – 1 hour
- Aerobic Treatment Units – 1 hour
- Drainfield Malfunctions – 1 hour
- Case Studies – 1 hour
- Troubleshooting Bundle 1 – 3 hours (includes Flows and Tanks)
- Troubleshooting Bundle 2 – 2 hours (includes Media and Aerobic)
- Troubleshooting Bundle 3 – 3 hours (includes Soils, Drainfield, Case Studies)
- Full Troubleshooting Bundle – 10 hours
National Continuing Education Approvals
- National Association of Wastewater Technicians (NAWT) – All courses approved for continuing education credit
- National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) – All courses accepted for continuing education credit
State Continuing Education Approvals
The following states have approved NOWRA’s training. If you don’t see your state listed and wish to receive continuing education credit, call your licensing or certification authority to find out if they will accept online education credits.
|State||NOWRA A to Z||Installer Training||Troubleshooting|
|New Hampshire||Yes||Yes||In process|
|Wisconsin||Yes||In process||In process|